Sunday, May 10, 2015

Snickerdoodle Mug Cake



I know that I have been MIA on this blog for more than couple of months. The reason is that I was busy writing on my other blog, taking up the A to Z challenge for the month of April. Anyway, thanks to all those friends who kept reminding me to update here (a special thanks to PeeVee!). I shall try and post more regularly from now. 

Anyway, I posted this one my FB page and quite a few of you wanted to know the recipe. Of late, I have been crushing on cinnamon and sugar and incorporating it where ever I can. So, me being me, I knew I had to make a little something that doesn't call for too much of an effort. 

This is a mug cake. So all you need are a few ingredients and your favorite coffee mug. Mug cakes are perfect for those instant sugar cravings that you have. You don't get any leftovers and it can even be shared :) Do try this out as it can be made easily with all the ingredients commonly found in your kitchen. 

Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons all purpose flour (maida)
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (finely powdered)
  • Milk/ water to mix 
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • Salt- a pinch
For layering/ topping:
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (finely powdered)
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon until finely combined. 
  2. Blend in butter, milk/ water, butter and vanilla essence till you get a thick, smooth batter. 
  3. Now pour in a large spoonful of batter into your microwave-safe coffee mug, alternating with spoonfuls of cinnamon sugar. Keep repeating till all the batter has been poured in. Sprinkle the final layer of cinnamon sugar on top. 
  4. Microwave for 2 minutes (keep checking in between) till the cake is done. Allow it to cool for few minutes before serving.
Notes:
  1. Feel free to check the batter for sugar before baking. You can add an extra spoon if you feel like it. 
  2. I used water for my recipe, you can substitute it with milk if you feel like it.
  3. The temptation to dig in immediately afterwards is far too high. Make sure you don't burn your tongue (I did) as the smell of cinnamon sugar baking is heavenly!
Recipe adapted from Five Heart Home


8 comments:

  1. Bookmarked Aathira.
    But Cinnamon powder I have to make. Not available here in local super markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preethi. Do let me know how it comes out.

      And, I made the cinnamon powder at home too. Just break the cinnamon into small pieces and grind it in the mixer.

      Delete
    2. Preethi, fine cinnamon powder is available in M.K Retail stores of Bangalore. They come cheap and smell like heaven. Try them :)

      Delete
  2. Sinful! I'm going to try this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinful! I'm going to try this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sluuurrrrrppp :D Enne kollu!
    So glad you are posting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sluuurrrrrppp :D Enne kollu!
    So glad you are posting! <3

    ReplyDelete